Sunday, July 4, 2010

take a pic (meet the queen of pictures)





I've never met anyone so into pictures, until I met my good friend & travel buddy, Bru. Our first local trip together was in Bohol some eons ago. There she bared her true color. She made me or the rest of the group take pics of her every step! ;p which was actually fine with me because I like taking pictures. Plus, she makes a good subject- beautiful skin, perfect set of teeth, ever pleasant countenance, charming smile. No need to prod her, all smiles & camera ready all the time. She has this radar that can detect if a cam is pointed at her.


We get along well during our out of town trips, she likes smiling in front of the cam (need I repeat myself again?) & I like shooting.


And I thought, Bru is camera-hungry & almost awarded her the title of Queen of Pictures. I changed my mind when I met her sister, Tripod Girl & relegated her to a runner-up. TG got her monicker from fellow Pinoy oldie tourists, who were so amused at her resourcefulness & diligence in carrying her digicam & tripod wherever they go. They were also amazed at the huge no. of photos she took of herself (& some with her family) when they toured South Korea . Every half-step maybe. With her tripod, she didn't bother anybody/didn't need their help & got all the good shots she likes.






Thanks to Tripod Girl, we got this jump shot! Timer lang pala ang katapat!







Our friendly tour guide Steph asked me,"ma'am, nag-work ba kayo sa studio?" Huh??!!

"Kasi po ang hilig ng grupo nyo magpa-picture."


She thought we were colleagues. She said she's been in the tourism industry for 7 years now & she's never met a group like ours, taking about 4 shots (we have 4 digicams) for every pose & so many poses for every inch of scenery.





She took, or should I say, we made her take most of the underwater shots while we were busy swimming, snorkeling, feeding the fishies






just plain enjoying the water







posing like Dyesebel.







Thanks to Ate Steph for our attempt at synchronized swimming was captured in photo.




But she's no perfectionist. She said she got a good shot and yet this.




But we loved her just the same. She was more than a tour guide, she was our fotog & videographer & PA rolled in one.
I didn't get to shoot a lot of pics of Bru because I had a new subject, an Aspiring Queen of Pictures. AQP is their sister also. It runs in the family ;p


But to her dismay, TG will not be dethroned.


Better luck next time, girl.

Addendum:
We made a new friend there, Koreano ;p

The next night, he brought his girlfriend Koreana ;p



We also met Lolo Nonoy of Lolo Nonoy's Resto. Can he be mistaken for P-Noy? Nah, he has more hair ;p



Another personality worth mentioning, the hero of the seas, the protector & caretaker of corals & fishies at Siete Pecados. Oops, I forget his name. Should you see him, pls. ask naman & let me know.



By the way, these were all shot at beautiful Coron, Palawan.





No comments:

Post a Comment