Monday, June 20, 2011

Finally in Disneyland!






From 2003 to 2008, I have been regularly traveling outside the country for work, either for visit to supplier or Fashion Week. One of the places I went to a lot is HK but not once have I been to Disneyland. Although, I told myself I’ll allot a day for it when it opened in 2006, I never did go due to time constraints. Somehow, scheduling a day tour to Macau and to Ocean Park seemed easier. For some reason, a planned visit to Disneyland always got bumped off. But last week, on its 5th year anniversary, I finally did go to the popular theme park with my parents. And we had lots of fun!




We rode pretty much all rides from Carousel




to Dumbo to Teacups



to Space Mountain and all else in between! I don’t think we missed any. Except for Mommy who skipped any ride that flies or goes round and round like the Carousel. Space Mountain is so astig! My dad and I had so much fun screaming and laughing in between! I think I had a slight headache after. Haha!

We zapped aliens at Buzz Lightyear’s booth. Among us three, I scored the highest 200k, my mom and dad got about 1k or 2k each. (Yes, I had to mention that.) I wanted to go back but there were too many other shows and rides to check out.



Another favorite is the Mickey’s 3D show which should be named after Donald Duck because he is the lead in the show afterall. We got sprinkled with water when he splashed water onscreen. Cool! People kept stretching their hands as if reaching for the things popping onscreen and I have to admit I was one of those ducking when he was throwing things at the audience.



We also rode the River Cruise and climbed up Tarzan’s house.


We also saw the Lion King Show. I didn’t click any pics and just enjoyed their presentation. The auditorium was packed for it was worth seeing indeed.

I chanced upon Woody who was gamely posing for pics! But the corny attendant won’t let me have a pic with him since time was up for him to get back. Fine-d! So I just clicked his photo with Jane. Toy Story booth is in the works.




Lightning McQueen had a parade and a show. They’re promoting Cars 2. How we wish my nephew Lance was there! He would have gone crazy seeing his most favorite character there.



Of course, we watched the Flight of Fantasy Parade. Another confession, although I’m not exactly a big fan of Mickey Mouse, (I actually like Donald Duck more and yes, I did watch a lot of their cartoon shows when I was a kid.)it was heartwarming seeing him atop the float dancing. It was like seeing a long lost childhood friend.





The place really brings out the child in you. The shows were spectacular, the experience quite amazing.

We stayed the whole day from opening till closing. We stayed for the fireworks para sulit ang Day Pass. But since, I live near an SM mall and I could sometimes watch their fireworks from my condo, it has become a commonplace for me. And what with the pyrotechnics show every year, I’m pretty much used to fantastic pyro shows already. But nonetheless, I was still in awe with theirs at Sleeping Beauty’s Castle.



The next day, while at the Harbourview, some cute Chinese pre-schoolers approached me for a survey.



As coached by their teacher, they asked questions like places in HK I’ve been to and the last one, if I would go back to HK. With Disney, in my mind, I said yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment