Sunday, January 5, 2014

I SURVIVED A 10-HOUR BUS RIDE!

I can't believe it's been 2 weeks since I left Manila. I just got back this morning and my first agenda was to sleep. I deserved it. I had a long bus trip, 10 hours seated uncomfortably and trying hard not to fall asleep lest I fall off my seat, literally. The bus was packed, I was seated on a plastic chair. And to think that we traversed thru mountains, which meant zigzag roads. The joy of commuting! Not!



At least, I got a ride. I'm still lucky. I saw a lot of people on the road unable to hitch a ride back. Thanks to my brother, sister-in-law & niece who drove me to the bus terminal and patiently waited with me.

I'm glad for this experience, now I can say I survived 10-hour bus ride. And it wasn't your regular bus ride. It was a night trip, I had to sit on a plastic stool with the driver on my left and the conductor on my right. How 3rd world!

You see, there were no seats available, all were reserved days before and tomorrow being first day of classes after the holiday, everybody's trying to get back to the city. These are the times I wish I had a car. But come to think of it, even if I did, I don't think I'd drive up there. So that should be, I wish I had a driver.

Anyway, next time, I'd like to try riding a jeepney. But I want to sit on top of the jeep and feel the wind on my face. Including dust. Apparently, it's the norm in Catanduanes. Can't wait!

Going back to my adventure last night, I had the best view because I was in the front middle of the bus. Well, I didn't get to see much of the countryside actually because it was either black or pitch black. But the sky made up for it, the stars shone brightly in some areas. But the best part, I saw a shooting star!




No comments:

Post a Comment