Friday, October 22, 2010

Gift-Giving Day 1: Goal Setting for M & R


10/12/2010 Tuesday

I thought nobody signed up under my Caring Group this sem but this morning, I received a text message from Secretariat saying I've new members. I checked my mail and true enough, 5 people signed up. I emailed/texted and called them up and 3 confirmed to come tonight. My sked is every Tue night. But only M came to The Old Spaghetti House with her personal asst. & friend Rose in tow.

As the night progressed and over orders of pasta, we got to know each other and snippets of our life stories. Glad, it was easy to coax them out of their shells. Eventually, we came to a point where they shared how unclear they were of their goals in life. I ended up helping them write down & clarify their goals in life. They were so thankful for my help. Out of M's generosity, she paid for my dinner. Whoa, I thought,how fast the universe was rewarding me!

Truth is, I woke up late this morning because I was trying to get extra rest for my tired eyes. I woke up with a terrible headache and painful eyes. In the afternoon, I limited my time in front of the laptop and tried to sleep it off. Still, I made the decision to go to the CG meeting despite the pain. Fortunately, which I think is Gods' gift to me, the searing pain took a break during our meeting. It resumed when I got home but it wasn't as bad anymore as in the morning.

To note, for the gift of time and helping them set their goals in life, I received a gift of healing, free dinner, new friends and a ride home. M & R drove me home ;p

1 comment: