Monday, October 25, 2010

Gift-GIving Day 9: Spaghetti, Ice Cream, Prayer, Money

10/20/10 Wednesday

I ate lunch in front of my laptop as I finished the other half of the movie, The Pianist. I know it’s not a good idea to watch it while eating but just the same, I did. I’m concerned that the lead in his solace and desperation did not call to God. How can you survive a tragic event like that and not call on God? I blame the writer/director for that. The Fedex movie, Castaway, is also one movie I recall which troubled me when I saw it because Tom Hanks’ character in his loneliness and despair, did not call the Lord’s Name. How can a man survive a tragedy like that without calling on the Most Powerful Being in the Universe. It’s preposterous.
Anyway, I am glad The Pianist lived. I had to cover my eyes & peek between my fingers at some scenes, kinda scary. Enough of the movie. This is not a movie review.

I went to hear mass at UP & gave money for the offering, my first gift for the day ;p I also offered prayers & lighted a candle as thanksgiving for baby Gabrielle Therese Estrella. On my way to buy veggies for my nilagang baka for tomorrow’s dinner or Friday lunch, I stopped to buy my favorite Pistachio FIC ice cream in cone. After several licks, a little streetgirl came to ask for coins. But seeing my ice cream, she asked for it. Ah, how dare she! I’m not giving her my Pistachio!

Oh but, I asked begrudgingly to check if she really likes it. She nodded, so I gave it to her. I consoled myself that it’s my 3rd gift for the day. While paying for my veggies, there was a donation can at the counter so I dropped a few coins.

I got home & cooked another experimental spaghetti in real tomato & sautéed beef & onion sauce, with basil (greedy green worm’s left-over. I realized why my basil plant's leaves are looking sorry and with holes. I thought it's soem kind of plant disease, yun pala, there's this caterpillar eating it. It's a cocoon now.)

Since it’s Issa’s day off, she was home & awake when I got back. She had no choice but to eat my spaghetti too hehe. Not as tasty as I wanted. While cooking, I panicked and thought I put too much salt & pepper, so I put water which I relaized later I shouldn’t have. There’s my 5th gift, spaghetti for Issa. She said she liked it by the way, except that kulang sa lasa. Why did I put water??? Lesson, in anything even in cooking, it’s never good to panic.

The gifts I received: My family expressed excitement when I texted them about my buying Mod & reading my first article in it. They said they’ll buy copies also, Mamu said 2 pa daw. Not so proud & excited.

I read Jesson’s FB message saying thanks for supporting him for the show. It wasn’t necessary for him to post it but heartwarming just the same.

Rhei booked me for a flight to BKK via PAL, same as their flight so we’re flying together. And at a rate that’s cheaper than what she booked her other 2 friends & cheaper than when I checked last Sat. What’s more, I’ll have Mabuhay Miles credited.

In the middle of the mass, it poured. Uh-oh & I’m wearing my black ribboned shoes. Not meant for rain. And again just as the other night, I ask myself, what was I thinking wearing those shoes on a wet Wednesday. Good thing, I brought my yellow umbrella. Oh, what I can do now but pray to God. I said I don’t know God, how you will do it with this rain right now but can you pls. make sure my shoes don’t get wet. When it was uwian, there was no more ;p My little miracle for the day ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment