Monday, October 25, 2010

Gift-Giving Day 6: Daing, Lip Gloss, Apples & Commitment to Serve

10/17/10 Sunday

Notice that I always put the gifts I receive last. But I got my gift early in the morning, so I'm starting with it.

As usual, as in everytime I need a cab, I prayed for a nice cab & with a nice cab driver. Not long after I stepped out of my bldg., I got a ride. I also asked that I get in time for the mass, which I normally do. But today, we will have to make a stop for gas since Mr. driver doesn't have change for my 500 bill. Actually he said he doesn't need gas yet so we will just stop to ask gas station cashier to break it. I had my doubts, why would cashier break our money if we're not buying. But he did! And I got to PICC in time for the mass despite making a stop at Total Gas.

I met with Sis Chay of Media Ministry after The Feast and got my Media ID. I committed to serve as Head for Youth Group which meant calling them up & texting them & reminding them of meetings etc. She will also put me in the Core Group under Special Projects which I really, really like.

After a delicious late lunch, I had time to take a nap before I went to visit Mex and Taborsho. I returned the digicam, & brought Tabs apples and Mex, lip gloss and super yummy, super stinky daing from Cebu.

My other gifts for the day: I was served sweet fried bananas, peach-mango pie and kropek by Mex. On my way home, I picked up 25 cents on the street. At The Feast, I was touched during the homily, Bro. Alvin’s talk and the song no. with the poor street kid. I cried my eyes out. God’s plan is unraveling before me. I understand more now why things that happened to me, happened the way it did. God is good & faithful. He truly always has better plans than ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment