Friday, October 22, 2010

Gift-Giving Day 3: Honesty & Late Bday Present

10/14/2010 Thursday

The klepto struck again! This time she picked a bride's white fan at the chapel. Yday, the bride her if she did see it. I confirmed for I saw me pick it up.I asked how I can send it to her. We arranged for a meet up. She was happy to learn she will see it again.

L & I went to a co. presentation meeting for a dept. store & finished by 11. Our next one was at 130. With time in our hands, we window-shopped at Trinoma & later lunched there (L's treat) & arrived late for about 15 mins. and they made us wait for 15 or so mins.,which calls to mind, Filipinos have no sense of time.

Back to our lunch at one of my fave Chinese resto, funny thing happened. We got an undeserved 20% discount. The cashier mistook L for a senior citizen based on her village id, which she presented with her credit card, which didn't at all look like a SC card by the way. My mom & dad have one each so I know what I'm saying. Anyway, we were both shocked when the cashier was asking her to sign the SC disc. form.Our faces were both, eh??? But the cashier was not friendly and looked at us like morons & pointed to L's village id saying,"SC." So we did what we had to do, L signed & we both scmapered off giggling. The things we do for a 20% disc. Hey, we did try to correct things but she wasn't listening. The question popped in my mind, be right or be kind? We chose,as you know,the discount.

At night, I met with 2 close friends. We had a great night updating each other about the goings-on in our lives. We met at The Old Spaghetti House and apparently, there was this shoot for an Aga-Regine movie. I saw Regine when I sneaked a peek from 2nd down to ground as I heard Bb. Joyce Bernal shout "quiet in the set" & "action". Whoa, energy!

Anyway, I only ordered dessert, Chocolate Mousse and guess what, my friend Ginger paid for it. I haven't even given her her late birthday gift yet. (I forgot to bring but since she usually drives me home, I got to give her same night.) Why people are treating me to meals a lot lately, I don't know but I sure am grateful!;p Keep it coming ;p

P.S.
Our meeting with a fashion retail brand in the afternoon was very fruitful. We received inquiries for several styles. So to note, gifts I received today are lunch, dessert and great meeting with possibility of orders.

No comments:

Post a Comment